Southern Cross Projects
Parker Dome Project – Ramelius Resources Farm-In/JV (WSR25% Free Carry to Decision to Mine)
The Parker Dome project is located approximately 60 km south-south-east of the Southern Cross township and is within the Southern Cross greenstone belt of the Southern Cross Domain, on the western margin of the northwesterly elongated Parker Dome.
The geology of the Parker Dome region is dominated by a poorly exposed, gneissic granitoid dome approximately 40 km x 20 km which is flanked by metamorphosed ultramafic, mafic and clastic greenstones of the Younami terrane.
The Parker Dome Project hosts 3 elongate gold anomalies identified by defined by soil sampling and shallow drilling by previous explorers.
Anomaly 1 – is 600m x 200m and has several shallow drill hits including 3.62g/t, 1g/t and 0.86g/t Au. No drilling greater than 12m deep.
Anomalies 2 & 3 – are +30ppb Au soil anomalies with a peak of 138ppb Au and are 1km x 500m and 800 x 350m in dimension and have had no drilling Soil anomalies are large and untested by drilling giving potential for a significant discovery.
Westar considers the project area has favourable geology, litho-structural conditions conducive to Archean-type shear mobilised mineralisation and inadequately tested gold anomalies from historical exploration activities.
Preliminary investigations based on field reconnaissance, historical reports and datasets suggest several potential sources of gold anomalism, including;
- Laterite (undetermined whether transported or in-situ)
- Remnant greenstone rafts hosted in the Parker Dome gneiss-granite
- Discrete NE-SW trending structures that link to the adjacent greenstone belt; akin to Havana-Suva and gold cities style mineralisation recorded in the Scotia batholith, NW of Kalgoorlie.
Zenith Minerals (ASX: ZNC) holds tenure adjoining and to the West of the Parker Dome Project and has recently reported results at their “Split Rocks Project” including;
Dulcie Far North:
- 4m @ 10.2 g/t Au (eoh), incl 2m @ 19.8 g/t Au (eoh)
- 9m @ 1.8 g/t Au incl 2m @ 6.2 g/t Au
- 12m @ 1.7 g/t Au (eoh) incl. 1m @ 7.1 g/t Au and 5m @2.1 g/t Au
- 2m @ 7.6 g/t Au followed by a 3m mine working and another 2m @ 2.4 g/t Au, total width 7m
- 32m @ 9.4g/t Au, incl 9m @ 31.4 g/tAu
- 8m @ 1.2 g/t Au and 2m @ 3.7 g/t Au
- 5m @ 1.0 g/t Au